Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need Help with stone table top

AC1
Just Starting Out

Need Help with stone table top

BAAAC90D-C493-4453-931C-B748BFBE28BE.jpeg

  

I have a Nick Scale stone table top,

there is a stain on it and has faded the stone also have a chip on the table at a corner .

Is there any Bunnings paint or sprays that is suitable for stone that I could use and any good suggestions if it’s possible to fix that chip.

C2F9F4BE-50A3-4AFD-9E7D-2181AA8D4482.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need Help with stone table top

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AC1. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

My recommendation would be to contact the manufacturer to find out what would be an appropriate way to tackle these issues. I am not aware of any spray paints that you could apply to the surface which would adequately disguise the etching mark. You could potentially fix the chip with one of our epoxy putties. However, the colourings are relatively limited, and it would be hard to match the grey colour.

Failing the manufacturer assisting, you might try a product like Crommelin 1L DiamondCoat Stone Shield. You'd need to do a small test section over both the etched mark and the rest of the table to see if applying this product would mask the area and be compatible with the surface.

Let me mention some of our helpful members @redracer01, @TedBear and @JDE to see if they had any other suggestions.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Need Help with stone table top

Hello @AC1 

I agree with @MitchellMc 's suggestion see if you can track down the manufacturer. You could disguise the chip by using touch up paint. But you would have to be very close to the color of the stone. That stain was caused by something that had either an alkali or acid base in it and has bleached the stone in that area. Further cleaning will not make that fade away. Because of the nature of stone painting such a large patch will make it even more noticeable. The only other suggestion I can make is to look at stone top repair mobs and you may ask them for the possibility of repair and recolor. 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects