Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: Do you have a television in the bedroom?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Do you have a television in the bedroom?

b5a44c3b55d14facb7602fc21af4a386.jfifPlease forgive the intrusion into your private bedroom habits, but the latest Workshop poll is keen to hear whether you have a television in the bedroom.

Some might say a television in the bedroom is the ultimate way to relax and unwind, and it's wonderful to catch up on your favourite programs while snuggling under the doona.

But others might argue that bedrooms should be peaceful sanctuaries that are free from electrical devices and anything else that might interrupt a good night's sleep.

Do you have a television in the bedroom?

Please vote in our poll on the front page of Workshop and feel free to explain the reasons why in the conversation below.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Poll: Do you have a television in the bedroom?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @aviaussie. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for contributing to the discussion.

Your comment prompted me to think about our use of television in the bedroom.

Currently, we don't have a television in the bedroom but we did for many years. I believe we just stopped using it with the advancement of NBN internet and being able to stream on multiple devices. Now the bedroom is used purely for sleeping and occasionally we'll use our personal devices to watch shows before bed.

I'm happy with the shift as we were starting to use the bedroom as a secondary lounge and dining room. With the TV going, a heater and eating meals in there it became the hub of the house and we stopped using our loungeroom altogether.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Message from her indoors tonight...

我觉得卧室里只需要床,衣柜和床头柜

不要再加其他柜子了,电视机挂在墙上

Rough Wechat translation.

I think all i need in my bedroom is a bed, a closet and a nightstand.

No more cabinets. The TV's on the wall.

Final for now outcome is cabinet for tv as she doesn't like the idea of chiselling the brick wall out to hide the cables and her Nintendo Switch needs a place to call home.

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Absolutely !!..It's my source of information in the morning when I wake up and seeing whats been happening in Australia and the world..

Wouldn't be without it !!

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

I made a very large trolley on wheels that spans the width of a queen-size bed which can move up and down the bed's length. I based the design on the old hospital bed trolleys of yesteryear.

On it is a very large National plasma TV that you can move around and position for that ideal visual experience whilst relaxing in a recumbent position with an alcoholic beverage close by. In my opinion, once correctly positioned, it has a picture quality and a sound experience better than going to the cinema. 🙂

Photos on request.

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

My wife cant get to sleep without harry potter movie going on the bedroom tv lol. We got one of those new google chromecasts on the tv, and installed VLC player app on the chromecast which gives access to our network movie hard drive. Before bed I say "hey google turn the tv off in 2 hours" which my google hub hears  -  and I go to sleep knowing the tv will turn itself off

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects