Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recent cabinet refurb

KMP
Having an Impact

Recent cabinet refurb

Thought I would share my recent refurb of this old tv cabinet. Added a drawer and

changed out the glass. Sanded and primed with stain blocking primer then painted with Dulux Atlantic Mystique. Added a tassie oak top with clear finish and new black handles. 

2A90CF6A-832F-4D2A-92A6-C3C52D9D4AED.jpeg

C86D8BC0-212C-4409-9CA5-AC559AA7ED2C.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Recent cabinet refurb

Great work @KMP and many thanks for sharing. We are looking forward to seeing more of your projects soon. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with other members or need a hand.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We are really pleased to have you join us. Let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site, or ever have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KMP
Having an Impact

Thanks I’ll send one of the final room just completed too !

Dee2
Getting Established

@KMP 

Sanded and primed with stain blocking primer - can you let me know the brand

Painted with Dulux Atlantic Mystique - water based? 

KMP
Having an Impact

@Dee2 

I used Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 undercoat primer sealer stain blocker water based and then Dulux Aquanamel semi gloss (water based enamel). 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Dee2. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It is fantastic to see you've received a prompt reply from @KMP on what products they used on their project.

Are you going to start your own project similar to this? If so we'd encourage you to let us know if you need a hand with it or if you would like to share it with the community.  We look forward to hearing about your projects around the house and garden and I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for them from within the community as our members are contributing their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @KMP 

I know you posted this in September but I still think this is a fantastic makeover! I love timber bench tops!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects