Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Rocking Desk - Storage Area

kartheesh
Cultivating a Following

Rocking Desk - Storage Area

I am working on my DIY desk and this is my first project. I have built the Storage Area for my desk but i have made a mistake and its slightly rocking guess there is a twist somewhere because one of my legs is about a mm above the floor. I have included the pictures as well let me know if you need more pictures. 

Any suggestions on how to rectify this. I have used pocket hole joinery and it was fine when the two legs were there 

only when i introduced  the 4 four connecting braces between two leg frames i am having this issue. 

Note : I have applied glue only for the four connecting pieces.Gap on the LegGap on the LegStraight ViewStraight ViewTop ViewTop View

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Rocking Desk - Storage Area

Good work @kartheesh.

What about putting some felt underneath the legs? Not only would it help protect your floors but you could also use different sized pieces to correct the rocking issue. Something like the Syneco Felt Assorted Sizes - 188 Pack should do the trick. It would certainly be easier than sanding down the higher legs!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JDE
Becoming a Leader

Kartheesh 

Like what youve done. Another suggestion is put adjustable feet on it. Bunnings has a whole selection of them around $15. They will protect your flooring, keep the legs off the ground and are infinitely adjustable. If there is movement latter just turn the bolt on the foot and it is readjusted.

James 

kartheesh
Cultivating a Following

Yea jason would try that this weekend hopefully can complete the full project this weekend :smile:

kartheesh
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Mate will give that a go as well as if at all plan to move the furniture the adjustable feet is a better option..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects