Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Room Flip

kathleentobias
Finding My Feet

Room Flip

A8612BEC-438F-41CE-9B56-5CF8360EA004.jpeg

Finally started on project that’s been on a drawing board for a while ( a long long time). Converting a bedroom into 2 en-suite adjacent rooms. Gutted the room and ripped ceiling down and manage to start putting the wall frame up 🙌

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Room Flip

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kathleentobias. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

Congratulations on beginning your room flip and the progress you have made so far. Are you planning on doing all the work yourself and have you run into any difficulties so far? Do you have any inspiration for the en-suite and what it will look like style-wise that you could show us? 

We look forward to following along with your project and I'm sure there will be many interested members asking questions as you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
kathleentobias
Finding My Feet

Hiya Mitchel, found this inspiration awhile ago, it’s been something I would love my end result to look like.( close too) I love the timber splash back

BA6459DB-047C-43DA-9B19-C9B3C23A22CE.jpeg

C8B50523-F81E-4032-BF74-B362B6314CB6.jpeg

wall. Both en-suite have same look, I like the existing old style window - 🤔 of putting like skyline window in the 2nd en-suite.. not sure. But I’ve included what my original drawing and layout. We trying to save on coin, between me and my husband we are doing all the work, except for the electrical -  Open to any ideas 💡👍 

@kathleentobias,

That inspiration picture looks amazing and no doubt the elements would look fantastic in your own home. I've had a look to see what products are available that could assist you in achieving this bathrooms styling. I've noted that you want to save some money on the project so have chosen the closest products to those used without investing a thousand dollars into a specific item like the sink. You'll see I've provided stainless steel fittings for the shower as black was an additional cost once again.

Sink- Cibo Design White Round Thin Edge Ceramic Basin

Wall tiles- Duratile 10 x 30cm 1.02sqm White Gloss Subway Ceramic Wall Tile Carton 34pk

Grout- Davco 2l Blackest Black Ready To Use Easy Grout

Floor tiles (similar colour pallet)- Johnson Tiles Modello Decor 20 x 20cm Ceramic Floor Tile Ctn35

Showerhead- Mondella Wels 3-Star 9l-Min 400mm Stainless Steel Resonance Round Rain Shower Head

Hand shower- Methven Wels 3-Star Minimalist Hand Shower On Stilo Wall Bracket

Towel ring- Caroma Matte Black Cosmo Towel Ring

Mirror- Home Design 60cm Round Hanging Mirror Black

Timber splashback (tiles)- Johnson 15 x 90cm Brunswick Pecan Matt Porcelain Floor Tile Carton 8 

I hope this list assists you in your project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects