Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Room make over

thomas4
Finding My Feet

Room make over

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So I am 22 now and I am still living in  The same room as I was when I was 12. I’ve made some modifications but not a lot. I can’t really change much of the furniture or pain but I’m really looking for ways to change it up, make it much more modern styled room/ homely adult kinda looking room. A new wardrobe is on the A new wardrobe is on the way for more storage. As you can see it’s massively cluttered and looks like a storage unit haha.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Room make over

Welcome to the Workshop community @thomas4.

We have a fantastic range of storage solutions which will assist in organising your room. There are also some great ideas for D.I.Y. storage projects to maximise your space.

After many years using a single room we tend to accumulate many possessions. Sometimes in order to get the most out of the space, we need to organise it and consider the potential for improvement.

I look forward to hearing what our helpful member's suggestions are for this space. Please let me know if you have questions about our range of storage solutions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thomas4,

I'm sure a new wardrobe will really help in getting rid of the clutter. 

Let me also tag a couple of members who are fantastic with storage solutions and fantastic designs who might like to share some tips with you for a full room makeover - @Tara86 and @prettyliving.  

Welcome to the community. We're looking forward to seeing you transform your room.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

0AF206C2-9095-471A-A717-21F0E0343E74.png

Thank you for the warm welcome

 I found those looking the website and thought they’d be useful?. 
thanks for the help

Thomas

@thomas4 Hi, the Flexi storage cubes are fantastic for storage, also if you get some cube boxes for it to store everything in it will also look a lot neater. I would start by going through everything you have and getting rid of/sellling/donating anything that you don’t need or use and that is just taking up space. I always like to use wall space as much as I can, floating shelves and cabinets are a great way of storage things without taking up floor space. 

Thanks for all the great suggestions, yes Ive been using the wall space. I got a floating stand to put photos on

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

@thomas4 

Please draw your room dimensions with door and window positions and post my adult friend!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

PatUdara
Building a Reputation

Hey Thomas,

few tips for you to follow, 

Step 1, you should empty your room( I know sounds crazy😁)

step 2, sorting part. Work out what to keep and what to throw and what to sell (on Facebook market) great place to sell unwanted stuff.

Step 3

Planning part, layout where you going to place your wardrobe, Floating Desk,TV Should be wall mounted. Few floating shelves would be handy too.

More Ideas,

What i can see from your photos no natural light coming to your room. Very important to have good light also fresh coat of paint like white wall or light gray colour would be good to  paint your walls.Door and trims with gloss white.Match your timber floor. 

To do above steps won't break your bank, plan it according  to your budget. Once you start doing  those steps you will get more ideas too. You should learn Feng shui also Youtube and Pinterest. Good luck mate. Cheers

Pat

Hi Pat, 

thanks for their ideas, as for the natural light these photos were taken during the night. I have two large windows in the room that allow for plenty of light during the day. I have since gotten a new wardrobe and two shelf’s and gotten ride of the small brown one. I don’t think many things can be put into the wall because there aren’t many beams inside the wall. Definitely need an upgrade for the tv stand tho. As for shoe storage I have bought these shoe holders things from the reject store where you can put one pair on each holder, got like 4 in a box, has freed up lots of space. For the doors I was thinking a gloss white exactly that would spray on and was wondering how that would go from Bunnings. Having the walls painted a light white would make it look modern? especially with all the light brown wooden fixtures and floor. Parts of the room are hard to get to so painting the walls isn’t much of a priority at present. 

Thanks

Thomas

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects