Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Stairwell revival

linda309
Finding My Feet

Stairwell revival

5A464091-D64D-4DF8-A48E-722291B33C37.jpeg

Recently purchased house needing lots of love & cleaning up , stairway project not yet complete but starting to look a lot better.

First was remove the dirty stained carpet , then wiped out that dirty red wall with some fresh paint. 

Next we decided to sand the stairs & use my favourite burn technique which is easy to do but must be done with caution (extra caution inside the house)

Chose to use the matte finish varnish by bondall ( in love with this product ) so far have two coats on th stairs & they look better each time. 

Also started to paint the handrail etc also in a matte finish went with dulux wash & wear as it’s my go to brand for anywhere that is going to need a clean in the future, also a beautiful product to work with. 

Old board taken off the side of stairs as well proper door installed as this is a storage area underneath the stairs , this has been sheeted in plaster to match up with the rest of the house  

So not yet complete but already greatly transformed & of course all products used have been available at Bunnings (we are in there more than the supermarket). 

Looking forward to having time to get this project completed will post more pics when it’s finished 

0713403C-DEBB-474B-A7BC-E8B8E9096FD2.png

21471E42-EB77-4648-B226-55C6CCCC9815.jpeg

6FE117C6-81FF-418F-8355-1B786D759684.jpeg

942A4280-B766-4A84-AF2C-656AEC78D0AD.jpeg

5AA9B917-758F-4EFE-A468-62D3B831878B.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Stairwell revival

Looking great @linda309. Many thanks for sharing your progress and please let us know if you need a hand with anything. If you browse the site you'll see we have wonderful community members as well as the Bunnings team sharing heaps of helpful advice and inspiring ideas on the site every day. We're here to help.  

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects