Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Study nook using wasted wardrobe

Eloise
Cultivating a Following

Study nook using wasted wardrobe

43CB4149-C65A-46D2-B6A7-21724B410FB2.jpeg

Had such a wasted built in wardrobe space as I use a large wardrobe in another room. After countless of hours googling I decided to create a study nook. Purchasing a few bunnings colour sample pots I began a geometric painted pattern. I then added pine wood structure around the outskirts and sat a Hovea bench top on top that I cut to size. Given there is no power I purchased two battery down lights for night time use. This nook is now functional.

D722D637-034A-4471-AC07-1CCDCD622855.jpeg

366489CB-4BF4-44BE-82C5-274F626144C5.jpeg

  

B174C701-3CFE-4BCB-8539-D640EF8C7724.jpeg

Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Re: Study nook using wasted wardrobe

This is such an excellent use of a wasted space, @Eloise - loving your creativity. That geometric painted pattern looks beautiful, and oozes personality. Great call on those battery down lights too. 

It's a pleasure having you in our community, welcome! You'll find it a great resource for receiving personalised D.I.Y advice, and handy tips and tricks. Creative projects like yours often get featured in our Featured Projects section. You can also check out our Top Ideas page for innovative and inspiring ideas. I'd be happy to assist if you need a hand getting the most out of our site.

Great work once again, and look forward to your next project.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tocikjaa
Building a Reputation

This is a wonderful idea @Eloise. Kudos! 
I love the colour pallet you have used for the geometric print. Definitely a featured projects contender.

Well done!

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Tocikjaa! Glad to see you've liked Eloise's creative project. It actually reminds me of another beautiful geometric pattern by @Wendyjoyhall.

Are you looking to paint or build something similar? We've got loads of inspiring D.I.Y. projects shared on our community, and our members will be happy to answer any specific questions you may have about your project. Feel free to let me know if you need a hand getting the most of the site.

Welcome once again. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects