Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Transformed living room with feature wall

Lmassih
Building a Reputation

Transformed living room with feature wall

Updated my parents living room. Main wall as feature wall. Added 15x11mm pine insert mould as frames. Painted in Dulux - Angry Ocean. This feature wall really turned out great. The colour is amazing.  All products picked up from Bunnings 

Screenshot_20220418-191511_Gallery.jpg

IMG-20220411-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20220417-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20220417-WA0014.jpg

Humdinger
Growing in Experience

Re: transformed living room

Love the wainscotting. I have done a similar design but have added the chair rail as well

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Transformed living room with feature wall

Hello @Lmassih

What an awesome feature wall. I'm sure your parents are very happy to have a nice new feature wall. Thanks for sharing the material you used to create the feature itself. The Dulux Angry Ocean colour really draws your eyes to the pine inserts. How long did the project take you to finish? Did you glue or just nail the pine inserts to the wall? Any extra information you can share with our members would be highly appreciated.

Again, thank you for sharing your feature wall project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Lmassih
Building a Reputation

Re: Transformed living room with feature wall

Thank you for your message, the painting was done on Thursday. Friday we cut the pine trims to size, and we  used C1 series 15mm Brad nails by CraftRight, purchased at Bunnings. We didn't use any glue. 

Then we painted the trims with brush and went over the whole wall with the paint again. The whole process with painting took 48 hrs. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects