Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled puppy bed

havin_a_go
Growing in Experience

Upcycled puppy bed

Up cycled and repaired an old TV unit to make a stylish puppy crate for my new fur baby. Using pva glue and some clamps to repair the split wood in the doors. Some new hardware/screws to fix some failing and broken joins. Removed the glass and replaced with black mesh, using muscle, the wood beading from the glass, and some silicon to hold the mesh in place. To finish some door clamps and a new key to keep it closed when needed. Now my puppy has a stylish new bed and I no longer have an unsightly dog crate in the lounge room.

E284C39C-43D7-4AF2-A3E3-A3428F140A35.jpeg

866FBBF1-A0CF-470A-9643-6A66E35935BF.jpeg

8DBC3A5B-EA38-42C4-8069-F8AFC49B1542.png

129CFC26-17DB-409D-96EE-06CEFFFA349D.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Upcycled puppy bed

Hello @havin_a_go

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's amazing to have you join us and thank you for sharing your upcycled puppy bed project.

What a fantastic conversion of this TV unit. It's great to hear that you've made this lovely puppy bed for your fur baby. It's great to see this TV unit find a second life instead of being thrown into the tip. I think it was meant to be as your fur baby is just the right size for the cabinet. Not only did you provide a fantastic spot for your pup, but you've also improved the overall look in that corner by having a much better-looking bed for the dog.

Again, thank you for sharing your upcycled puppy bed project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Baretta11
Becoming a Leader

@havin_a_go 

This is a great puppy pen, no visible cage which is the only other solution most times, very chique ha-ha

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Baretta11

I totally agree, I was thinking of a large potted plant on top and that will complete the disguise. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects