Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Walk in robe

woodalwaysworks
Making a Splash

Walk in robe

20200322_193502.jpg

20200322_193439.jpg

20200412_164633.jpg

 Changing a small space for maximum storage

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Walk in Robe

Nice job, I have to work on some sliding doors built ins for the bedroom soon along with a bed etc.

FB_IMG_1587008404660.jpg

FB_IMG_1587008414842.jpg

 I did a robe for some people lady year and that had three stacked sliders. 16mm mdf for the doors all with matching routed designs. 16mm rather than 18mm mdf  to keep the weight down. 

Jithesh
Building a Reputation

Re: Walk in robe

Hi @woodalwaysworks . Looks fantastic. I have a similar sized walk-in-robe. Can you please share the details of the plan, dimensions and materials used? I'm looking to DIY the cupboards for the first time.

TIA

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jithesh. It's great to have you join us and I trust @woodalwaysworks appreciates your feedback.

We look forward to hearing more about your walk-in-robe project and we would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

need advise.

i need to add shelves for my walk in robe.

I don't know what kind of shelves can used.

wall is plasterboard .

Thanks,

Ripa

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ripa. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Do you have an existing unit like the first picture in this discussion or do you wish to add shelving to a plaster wall?

If you are adding more internal shelves inside a unit you can simply have Custom Pine cut to size instore. You'll then need to drill holes in the existing side panels of the unit and insert shelf supports. These shelf supports hold the new shelves up. 

If you want to add shelves onto plasterboard, please let us know what you intend to store on them as that would give our members a better idea of what to suggest.

Please let us know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

Start off by locating your studs in the wall. These will be your anchoring/fixing points. Then look at your useable space.

options can be considered then for style and size.  Fixing method and or brackets is going to vary upon load and how you can fix them

Hi Mitchell -

When you say custom pine cut to size in store - does that mean we give the folks at store a size and they'll cut it for us ? Also does it cost anything to have it cut to size ? ta

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @binaryzer0. It's great to have you join us and I trust you'll get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members.

Many Bunnings stores offer timber cutting. On the Bunnings website, make sure you have selected your nearest store, then click on the name of your store on the top left of the screen. This will take you to your store's information page, which includes details on what services they offer. For timber cutting, I would just recommend that you try to visit at a quiet time (not weekends or public holidays). There might be a small fee charged depending on the cuts required. 

Hope that helps,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects