Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Walk-in wardrobe transformation

Upcycler01
Having an Impact

Walk-in wardrobe transformation

IMG_7023.jpgIMG_7030.jpgIMG_7075.jpgIMG_7078.jpgIMG_7079.jpgIMG_7087.jpg

Steps

Step 1

We ripped out the old top shelf and railing and set the wall with setting compound. 

Step 2

The wall was sanded with a palm sander using low grit to get a smooth finish and cleaned down with sugar soap to remove the excess dust.

Step 3

The ceiling was repainted with fresh ceiling paint and the walls were painted with a whole new colour to match our bedroom colour. 

Step 4

The drawer sets in the 'before' picture were stacked on top of each other and the very top shelving was built from MDF shelving from Bunnings.

Step 5

The railing unit was installed. A lower rail could be installed at a later date but we decided to just keep the one rail for now and add it if needed. 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Walk-in wardrobe transformation

Hi @Upcycler01,

What a very well thought-out and organised WIR you have created! I can imagine you would have saved some money by making the shelving yourself. I am really loving your wall colour choice, what is it called? You have done a really lovely job creating a functional space, your project may even find its way into a great Top Ideas article like 5 ways to add more storage to your wardrobe one day.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Katie, the colour is Dulux Periwinkle- it’s quite an old colour; I keep all the paint formulas I use in my house and I use the formulas when I repaint, so the periwinkle they have now may not match my colour exactly. 
I appreciate your feedback, my hubby and I could never get the layout right; it was a team effort to create the design. I did the set and painting and my husband built the shelving himself and installed it all. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Upcycler01 

Thanks for sharing your wonderful wardrobe transformation project. I'm in total agreement with @KatieC, that Dulux Periwinkle colour really catches the eye.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects