Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wall bed or sofa bed?

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Wall bed or sofa bed?

What do you think would be more comfortable and a better use of spave for a small guest room? 

Wall bed?

wallbed.png09340e1d7283a23958c7bcd5ecf227edfb696dbf_450.png

Or more traditional sofa bed?

sofabed.jpg

Kellie
Making a Splash

Re: Wall bed or sofa bed?

I imagine the comfort level of the wall bed would just be dependent on the mattress. I don't think I've ever had a good night's sleep on a sofa bed though. Both seem good space saving options. 

kaylah_rose
Making a Splash

I have never used a wall bed before, but have used a sofa bed. 

We found that our sofa bed was fine for a while, however upon using the sofa bed more and more, the mattress became worn. This in turn made our sofa sag in the middle and look deflated and also wasn't very comfortable to sit on. 

We tried using foam fillers, changing the mattress and refilling the couch cushions, however in the end we ended up removing the sofa bed and just have the couch on it's own. We now don't have a spare bed, but our couch looks much healthier. 

I feel like a wall bed wouldn't have this issue, as it would only be used for a bed and is not used for different purposes. 

_Marley_
Building a Reputation

Sofa beds are terrible to sleep on. I saw a wall bed recently in a spare room and it looked like a fantastic use of space. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects