Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which high gloss paint to use for bedside table?

Glorz
Building a Reputation

Which high gloss paint to use for bedside table?

Any recommendations on high gloss paints to use on a timber bedside table? I previously painted it in Rustoleum chalk paint but I dont really like it anymore so want to change it again.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: High gloss paint for bedside table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Glorz. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about painting beside cabinets.

You might like to check out this article on How to upcycle a bedside cabinet. Water-based enamel paint is used in that article, and I can suggest Gloss Dulux Aquanamel for your project. You'll need to use a primer like Dulux 1Step before your topcoat paint. I like to use the Paint Partner 100mm Gloss & Low Sheen Mini Paint Roller Kit for projects like these, as it's a budget-friendly application tool that gives great results for gloss paints.

As with any paint used on a work surface, it's important to utilise coasters and placemats to ensure the longevity of the finish.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Which high gloss paint to use for bedside table?

Let me also extend a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Glorz. Stoked to have you here. 

Great to see you've received advice from Mitch. I just wanted to add that you can also have a look at these Upcycled bedside drawers and tables as well as 7 ways to make a side table if you're after some project inspiration.

Keep us updated as your project progresses. We'd love to see the final look of your table.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects