Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which paint to use on timber floor?

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Which paint to use on timber floor?

Hi

I have a timber floor in a bedroom that was painted previously with water based paint, I now want to repaint it , using a water based semi gloss or low sheen paint. Has anyone done this before, if so what paint could I use, I want to paint it black.

I was thinking of using a door and trim paint  which is a hard wearing paint, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

We are currently in lockdown so I can't go to a store and discuss it with the paint experts.

Thank you.

JoeAzza_0-1629506024545.png

Jo_Lake
Growing in Experience

Re: Which paint to use on timber floor

Thank you for replying. It looks fantastic! The colour is great. We will have to go for the more expensive Feast & Watson option because we want to do our kitchen. We could possibly use the cheaper paint in the bedrooms as they will have rugs.

Jo_Lake
Growing in Experience

Re: Which paint to use on timber floor?

So! We ended up using timber decking paint @ $90 for 4 Litres. Black! It looks fantastic!! 

1000014103.jpg

1000014104.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great work @Jo_Lake! Many thanks for sharing your results with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Jo_Lake , looks really good, well done.

I have just realised that the wall colour is similar to the one I had originally in the second bedroom, mine was an orange colour, 😀

Jo_Lake
Growing in Experience

Oh lovely! This paint colour I'd called Havannah Tan by Dulux. I'll show a before picture of the room. Completed in 5 days (caulking, walls & ceiling, took a while day!). You'll see why we painted the floors! (Besides being quicker and cheaper).

1000013930.jpg

1000013953.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects