Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Will the wardrobe drawer fit my space?

warwha
Just Starting Out

Will the wardrobe drawer fit my space?

Hi. Could you please advise whether drawer 744111221 fits in a space which is 544 mm across.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: wardrobe drawer

Hello @warwha

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the wardrobe drawer.

If your current space is 544mm wide I'm sorry but the Bedford 220mm Wardrobe Solutions Deep Drawer will not fit in that space. You'll need to add at least 10mm on either side for the drawer runners. However, the other option is to put Goliath Standard Drawer Slide Pair - 400mm on the bottom of the drawer. It's on the condition that the bottom of the Bedford drawer is solid and not just a thin cover piece. Please keep in mind that this will affect the height of the drawer and you'll need to add an extra 12mm to the overall height.

As a secondary option, If you have the tools and are willing to give it a go, I suggest building your own drawer to fit. The plus side of building your own is that you can guarantee a fit and you can build multiple sets for your wardrobe. I've placed a basic diagram below for you to have a look at. If you have any questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to post them.

Please note that the measurements are for reference only. Make sure to double-check your measurements before purchasing.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

simple drawer plan

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects