Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wooden flooring over vinyl??

RHowell
Just Starting Out

Wooden flooring over vinyl??

Hi,

I have a fairly new house with vinyl flooring through out the main living areas.

It is time to replace this with wooden flooring...Should I lift the vinyl or can I use this as the underlay?

Thanks Robert

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wooden flooring over vinyl??

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Robert (@RHowell). It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

What type of vinyl flooring is already there, and what type of timber flooring do you intend to lay? This additional information would be very helpful in our members providing some excellent advice. The terms vinyl flooring and timber flooring can refer to several different products these days.

We look forward to hearing more about your project and offering a solution.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Wooden flooring over vinyl??

Hi Robert (@RHowell

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We are looking forward to reading more about this project and many others you have planned for around the house and garden. 

In addition to Mitchell's reply, I thought I would also encourage you to share a photo or two of your flooring so that members can see what you are working with and be in a better position to suggest suitable alternatives. 

Please let us know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. We're here to help.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects