Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

replacing old fold out wooden bed

nuggetnavi
Finding My Feet

replacing old fold out wooden bed

Wood fold out base under cusions in photo. Its old and warped really hard to pull out into bed ! Need strong lighter material suggestions thanksScreenshot_20190812-185116.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: replacing old fold out wooden bed

Hi @nuggetnavi,

Let me tag experienced caravan renovators @twocutekelpies and @Peggers for you, although I'm sure other handy community members like @gippslandhome might also have helpful suggestions.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Cheers Jason, @nuggetnavi I made a slide out bed in my first caravan reno but modified it so it joined up with a second bed for an east west double

Furniture connectors from ebay to support itFurniture connectors from ebay to support it

Credit for design goes to Deep Red Motorhome for their easy to follow build instructions http://deepredmotorhome.com/bed.php

-Shelley :smile:

Instagram @twocutekelpies

Instagram @twocutekelpies

Hi @nuggetnavi after reading the post from @twocutekelpies  how could I add anymore 😂😂.

@twocutekelpies  what an awesome suggestion and after reading the link about the red van I have to say honestly that would have to be the most unique way and best design I've ever seen for a fold out bed.

I'm sure @nuggetnavi will find some inspiration from that because I certainly have.

Thanks heaps for sharing and all all the best @nuggetnavi with your project.

Kind regards Rob 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects