Workshop
Ask a question

Ideas for your next barbecue

MoonshineBen
Making a Splash

Ideas for your next barbecue

Hey all - what is everyone cooking up this weekend? I'm thinking it's ribs, probably pork, although lamb ribs are pretty on point to smoke at the moment.

What's on your grill or smoker?

Workshop_Ben-Shute_Moonshine-BBQ_JOW-160914-8214.jpg

Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au

Re: What's everyone cooking this weekend?

What have you been cooking lately @MoonshineBen?

I didn't fire up the barbie on the weekend but we did have some amazing lamb shoulder yesterday that was cooked overnight low and slow. After we pulled it we added some feta and a sauce made from fresh mint which was fantastic. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I've been a bit absent lately, haven't I? We're in the process of moving house, so haven't been cooking as much, but smoked a lamb shoulder on Saturday, which came out amazing.

lamb.jpg

There'll be lots more practice ahead of may though as we prepare for BBQ Wars at Meatstock in May,

Yum, looks fantastic @MoonshineBen. Thanks for sharing. 

Good luck with the move. Will you have more room for outdoor cooking? What are your chances of getting that offset smoker you were after following the move?

Jason

Yes, got a good space to set up, and definitely got some room for the offset now!

Wowee! That lamb shoulder looks amazing Ben. I think I'm going to investigate a smoker myself...

Thanks @Kim! Here's the method if you're interested http://moonshinebbq.com.au/sunday-lamb-shoulder/

Had a good day yesterday. Made burgers for lunch with friends, and jalapeno poppers for dinner. :cheeky:

Did anyone else fire up the barbie on the weekend?

Jason

My favourite thing to cook on the barbie is simple lamb cutlets. Olive oil, salt and some fresh rosemary, then cooked on a very hot grill very quickly so they are still pink in the middle. 

@ProjectPete

Can you please share your jalepeno poppers recipe? I'm keen to give them another go when I harvest my next batch of jalepenos. Last time I just did a simple cream cheese and bacon mixture, then rolled them in crumbs and pan fried. 

Thanks,

Jason

No worries @Jason - Cream cheese, caramelised bacon bits, finely diced pineapple, hickory smoked sea salt and a special smoked chipotle powder. That's one of my fav combos. If you don't have the chipotle powder, cayenne is also good. (Poor quality) pic below is with smoked paprika on top.

poppers.jpgchipotle powder.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects