Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

BBQ exhaust options required

saroadie
Just Starting Out

BBQ exhaust options required

Hi All,

I am new to this home renovation gig so you would say I dont have a lot of experience. I have an exisiting verandah that is about to get ziptrack blinds installed, now we cook 90% of the time outside in this area and after years of neglect (now repainting) I have notice that we need to put in some sort of ventilation/exhaust flow. I would love some advise on my options here.

The image shows the black zone is where my new BBQ will be, this is basically on the back fence and the first rafter you can see (where clock is) is approx 250mm from the fence.

BackZone

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: BBQ Exhaust options required

@saroadie,

Sounds like a great area and a fantastic project. I'm confident the Workshop community will have some helpful suggestions for you.

You also might like to see what other community members have done with their outdoor kitchens, such as @Christos here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Gallery/Outdoor-Kitchen-it-has-taken-me-some-time-to-finish-and-has-n...

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. You will find our community members offer fantastic advice and inspiration for your projects. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @saroadie,

Just wondering if you have made any progress with this project?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects