Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Climbing frame using recycled playground equipment

SallyCarver
Finding My Feet

Climbing frame using recycled playground equipment

I made my grandchildren a climbing frame using recycled playground equipment, treated pine both new and salvaged from building scrap, weathershield paint left over from a cubby house face lift and cordless tools received for my birthday. Measuring 1.8x1.2x2.1h it has a composite decking floor, rebated frame work, routered and screwed fencing panels. It is very sturdy, possibly even over engineered.

20220711_131152.jpg

20220712_125834.jpg

20220711_131007.jpg

Stage 2 to follow will include a second lower deck for the younger ones. Not a bad effort for Nannas first real project

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Climbing frame using recycled playground equipment

Hi @SallyCarver,

First, I'd like to extend a warm welcome from the Bunnings Workshop community! It is wonderful you have decided to join and share your playground project with us. You have done a fabulous job on this build and may even see it in our top 10 most popular kids projects one day! You will find Workshop to be a great source of inspiration and advice on all things DIY and garden. Should you ever need assistance with the community please do reach out. 

I am loving your final result and cannot wait to see photos of stage 2. What do you think you'll include in the lower deck?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects