Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Concrete mix for porcelean pavers?

mudi100
Finding My Feet

Concrete mix for porcelean pavers?

What can I add to the concrete so it will stick to porcelean pavers

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: porcelean pavers

Hello @mudi100

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about porcelain pavers.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your porcelain paver and in what area are you trying to install it? This will let our members have a better understanding of what you are trying to do and will allow us to provide you with a comprehensive recommendation. 

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: porcelean pavers

Hi Eric

I am trying to lay the 600*400mm Tuscan Porcelain paver that Bunnings sells on a mortar bed for an outside terrace. I have read that you need to apply a primer to the back of the paver to make it stick to mortar. Overseas they use a Pro Joint Porcelain Primer Slurry to do the job.

Unfortunately I have been unable to find a similar product in Aust. Maybe someone knows a similar product.

Sorry, had trouble with photo, hope this will do.

Bob

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Concrete mix for porcelean pavers?

Hello @mudi100

If you are putting the Tuscan Porcelain Paver onto an existing cement base, I suggest using the Dunlop 15kg Floorfix Tile Adhesive. This adhesive dries hard and is ideal for cement-based installation. It is formulated to be used both inside and outside the home. I recommend having a look at Bondall 1L BondCrete Cement Additive as a possible additive to mortar.

Here is a link to the Bondcrete guide: Bondcrete Application Guide 

Let me tag our experienced members @ProjectPete  and @Adam_W for their recommendations.

If you need more advice and information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mudi100
Finding My Feet

Re: Concrete mix for porcelean pavers?

Thanks Eric

I will try the bondcrete

Regards

Bob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects