Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cost of building the timber garden arbour

Handynot
Finding My Feet

Cost of building the timber garden arbour

Good afternoon everyone,

newbie question,looking at building the garden arbour,that Bunnings will cut all the pieces etc,does anybody have any idea what the cost may be, please.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DIY timber Garden arbour

Hi @tangels,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Great to see you've been inspired by the How to build a D.I.Y. timber garden arbour project and want to build your own. 

Normally the ever-helpful and knowledgable @MitchellMc would be on hand to assist you with this project but he is taking a well-deserved break. I will ask him to assist as soon as he gets back next week. 

In the meantime, you might get all you need from this previous discussion from a year ago: Cost of building the timber garden arbour. In that discussion, Mitch put together the following list:

• 60mm x 2400mm x 600mm lattice x 2                     $24.36/Ea      I/N 3045110
  • 280mm verandah corner bracket x 4                       $39.00/Ea      I/N: 0036158
  • 90mm x 45mm x 2.4m treated pine lengths x 5      $6.14/Meter   I/N: 8032162
  • 18mm x 18mm x 2.4m treated pine lengths x 8      $10.00/Ea      I/N: 8480539
  • 140mm x 45mm x 2.4m treated pine lengths x 2    $9.21/Meter   I/N: 8032254
  • 70mm x 35mm x 2.4m treated pine lengths x 3      $3.72/Meter   I/N: 8032093
  • Quick set cement x 4                                                 $8.90/Bag      I/N: 0762428
  • 400mm star pickets x 4                                             $2.98/Ea        I/N: 0022267
  • 100mm bugle screws                                                $13.00/Pk      I/N: 2409559
  • 80mm bugle screws                                                  $9.80/Pk         I/N: 2409575
  • 50mm bugle screws                                                  $8.15/Pk         I/N: 2409567
  • PVA exterior wood glue                                            $6.90/Ea         I/N: 1210338
  • 120 grit sandpaper                                                    $0.98/Ea         I/N: 1210508

If you print out the list with the item numbers and took it into a Bunnings store, a team member could help get the materials together for you.

Hope that helps,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @tangels,

From the construction guide, I believe the size of the actual arbour would be approximately 2.5m high, 1.2m wide and 0.7m deep. The cut list in step one lists the lengths and dimensions of all the pieces required:

Here’s our cut list:

• 2 @ 2400 x 90 x 45mm

• 2 @ 605 x 90 x 45mm

• 2 @ 1200 x 90 x 45mm

• 3 @ 605 x 90 x 45mm

• 4 @ 2100 x 18 x 18mm

• 4 @ 568 x 18 x 18mm

• 2 @ 1780 x 140 x 45mm

• 5 @ 985 x 70 x 35mm

Please let me know if you need additional information or help.

Mitchell

Thank you Mitch... Have just gone out of lock down so looking forward to commencing project this week. After reviewing web page found some more detail which included more detail. Apprecite response.

Rgds Garry M.

Thank you Jason...

Between you and Mitch have all the info I now require..Rgds Garry M.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's great to hear Garry (@tangels).

We look forward to following along with your build, keep us updated. We're here to help.

Mitchell

Re: garden timber arbour

Hi,

wondering if Bunnings will get a restock of the items needed for constructing this arbor? Some items I cannot find on the website, such as the verandah corner bracket :unhappy: 

thanks,

nicole

Re: garden timber arbour

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @nicoletegan. It's a pleasure to have you join us and many thanks for your question about building a garden arbour.

I'd suggest speaking with a helpful team member at your local store's Special Order counter. We'll likely be able to order those verandah brackets directly from our supplier Heritage Products. I'm sure you'll be pleased to find a much wider selection of styles available through Special Orders than we previously kept in-store.

Please let me know if you need assistance locating any other items on the list.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects