Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Courtyard Makeover

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Courtyard Makeover

I've been wanting to clean up my front yard for ages. I did all the weeding and laid down the weed mat, and my lawn maintence guy handled the rocks for me.  Now I just need to decide what plants to put in there:

Yard Before.jpgYard After.jpg

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: Courtyard Makeover

@Deanna Well that certainly freshened up the area! Would look great with some drought tolerant species planted in there.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

@MitchellM  I went out this afternoon, and put the outside light on as I'd be home after dark.  I can't believe how much lighter the area looks in the dark (if that makes sense LOL) with all the weeds/soil gone.   

Do you know if there is a drought resistant money tree, I'm interested in that  LOL

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Deanna Crassula Ovata needs to fully dry between waterings and should not be watered at all during rooting. As long as you can water at least twice per week during mid-summer I think you'll find they are fairly hardy. They are sucelents after all, I particularly like them for how easy they are to propagate.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects