Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cubby on artificial grass

hayley_v
Finding My Feet

Cubby on artificial grass

Have just purchased the below cubby for the kids. Plan was to sit it up like this on spaced out pavers on our artificial lawn, but not that its here I am worried about the damage that weight will do to the lawn over time. Should I be? Is there a better way to do this? Or should I just moved to a paved area so I don't have to worry!

24F99755-C07B-49C1-8FE8-0407B9AFB6BE.jpeg

hayley_v
Finding My Feet

Re: Cubby on Artificial Grass

Couldn’t seem to post the text before. Purchased this cubby with the intention of putting it on spaced out pavers on our artificial grass. Now wondering if the weight and pavers will damage the grass too much over time…

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cubby on Artificial Grass

Hello @hayley_v

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your cubby house.

If you were to get heavy rain, the pavers along with the weight of the cubby house would slowly sink into the sand foundation of the artificial turf. It wouldn't happen immediately, but given enough time it would slowly settle into the sand. Pretty soon you'll find that the cubby house will be sitting on the artificial turf. Another consequence is that placing a heavy object over the artificial turf will flatten it. If you ever decide to move the cubby house, that part it was standing on would be flat. These flat spots would be very difficult to repair. 

However, placing the cubby house onto a paved area will spare your artificial lawn from any damage. My suggestion is that if you were to place it on a paved area, make sure that the cubby house entrance is facing towards the artificial turf. This is so that when the children come out, it will be onto the artificial turf and not on the hot pavement.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects