Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. kids table tennis table

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

D.I.Y. kids table tennis table

With winter behind us and the lighter nights starting next week, it’s the perfect excuse to get my kids outside and enjoying the fresh air. I am always having to find new ways to entertain them. My 2 youngest are energiser bunnies who don’t stop till they crash in bed. They are also very competitive. We have table tennis but it’s to big for them and they are always asking to play on it. So I built a smaller, portable version that sits perfectly on their outdoor setting.

Using 2 MDF panels (1200 x 900 x 16mm), attached using hinges and added handles I can easily set up or store away. Being MDF we have to be careful with moisture but it has survived with light rain. I used Primer for protection and it helps as a base coat. I used painters tape to cover the lines. Then using Green chalkboard paint I painted the 2 large surfaces. Peeling the tape off while wet helps prevent colour running or peeling up the surface. 

Everything was bought at Bunnings except the table tennis set. The kids absolutely love it and even adults can join in for some fun family competition!

E3CB72BA-38D9-4C37-9CA8-40F24A058673.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DIY - Kids Table Tennis

Love it @Tara86. I'm sure your kids do too!

Many thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: D.I.Y. kids table tennis table

🏓 👍

Great job @Tara86

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

@Tara86   This looks awesome.  Your children are indeed lucky to have a mom that is super handy such as yourself.  This looks great. And easy to adjust as they get older.  Great work super mum...   :smile:

Old Gal

SarahC4
Cultivating a Following

This is fantastic! What a wonderful result.  Well done, hours of fun for the little ones

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings.
Please visit the Bunnings website
if you need assistance from the Bunnings customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @SarahC4.

It's fantastic to have you join us! Let me mention @Tara86 so she is alerted to your kind feedback. I trust you'll find loads of other inspirational projects contributed by our creative community members for around your own home and garden. Anytime you need advice or have something to share with the community please let us know.

Mitchell

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

@SarahC4  Thank you so much!! It was great for the sibling rivalry ha ha. My middle always wanted to play her younger brother........think it’s coz she always win ha ha. 

larson
Finding My Feet

Where do you guys buy ping pong paddles for kids? I couldn't find it online. Can you please help?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @larson,

From the images, the paddles appear like they could be full-sized versions. You might like to try search terms like kids, children, small, ping pong, and paddle. I'm sure you'll find plenty of options. Alternatively, I'm sure our helpful members could devise a way for you to make your own from timber.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects