Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY outdoor servery

homeinmelbourne
Becoming a Leader

DIY outdoor servery

Creating a DIY outdoor servery

We set out to clean up the pergola area and utilise the space under the kitchen window. It was previously where we kept the rubbish bin, bags of potting mix and gardening tools. We had a spare piece of marble and decided to make our own DIY version of a servery/serving bench. We didn't want to splash out on a new gas strut window, so we worked with what was already there. We removed the fly screen on the existing kitchen window so that when the window is open, food/drinks etc. can be passed through or placed on the servery top.

The project only cost us $26.56 which was the cost of the 4 brackets from Bunnings (Carinya 200 x 250 x 25 x 3.5mm Stayed Straight Bracket) as we already had the existing stone, timber for the wedges and silicone to secure the stone to the brackets. 

The project only took a couple of hours to complete and I can imagine you could also recreate the same DIY servery with a timber benchtop.

IMG_0530.JPG

AFTER: Finished serveryAFTER: Finished servery

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0531.JPGIMG_0538.JPGIMG_0539.JPGIMG_0532.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY outdoor servery

Hi @homeinmelbourne

Nothing feels better when a plan comes together. Serendipity and fortuitous are the words that come to mind when I see this fantastic project. What are the odds that this piece of marble would be used in this spot? I'm sure several ideas passed through your minds before settling on this excellent solution. Your installation looks great and the height is just perfect for a servery window.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful idea.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Another terrific project, @homeinmelbourne! I was waiting to see more of your creative visions come to life. This outdoor servery complements the kitchen splashback that you shared earlier - love how it creates a sense of continuity. 

Congratulations, and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @EricL 

Hello again and thank you for your comment!

We had the piece of marble laying around for a few years so it was good to finally use it in a DIY project. With it being winter, we haven't had a chance to use the servery yet so for now it's a decorative plant holder!

Thanks again.

Hello again and thank you for your kind words @Akanksha !

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects