Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Drill bit for colorbond screw

lozandsam
Finding My Feet

Drill bit for colorbond screw

lozandsam_0-1603330530067.png

Hi everyone, I'm sure this is a basic question but wondering what size/type drill bit i need for above screws? Doing a DIY colorbond fence extension & i already have an el cheapo cordless drill that goes up to 10mm, hoping it will do the job.

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Drill bit for colorbond screw

You just need a 5/16" hex head bit @lozandsam 

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

If you want a more discrete finish (lower profile screw head), you can use wafer head screws which just take a Phillips Head drill bit. You'll need to spray paint the heads to match your fencing though.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Cheers! thanks heaps :smile:

Hi @lozandsam,

It's great to see you have received some helpful advice from the very knowledgeable @ProjectPete.

I'd also like to welcome you to the bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us and please feel free to ask any questions you have about your projects around the house and garden. As you can see our amazing members are always ready to lend a hand.

We look forward to hearing more about your projects and I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for them from within the community as our creative members are sharing their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects