Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fiddler Dans Violins and Workshop sign

fiddlerdan
Getting Established

Fiddler Dans Violins and Workshop sign

Just launched my Brisbane violin workshop / side hustle of upcycling violins from facebook to get them playable for the next family. One thing I needed was a sign...its a good thing Bunnings had everything I needed to get just the look I was after. i wanted a look that was a bit crafty, but quality, yet not too ostentatious.

I had a bit of help from a mate to cut the sign itself with his laser cutter as well as a few hours on a drawing app to come up with the design. What do you think?

violins shop brisbane fiddler dan.jpg

One tricky thing I had to do on my Bunnings Power pass  application was put my industry. I guess violin repairing is kinda the same as being a carpenter :wink:

Next up is the cycle of of acquiring specialty tools for fixing violins...mostly I can use off the shelf hardware products, with a bit of customisation that is. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fiddler Dans Violins and Workshop sign

Hello @fiddlerdan

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your beautiful sign.

What kind of timber did you use for your sign? Have you placed a protective coating on it? If not, I recommend using Bondall 1L Gloss Monocel Gold Marine Clear Timber Varnish. I suggest testing a small portion of your sign to make sure that you like the finish. We look forward to seeing one of your violin upcycle projects. I'm sure our members are keen to see how a violin is brought back to proper working order.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects