Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Front verandah renovation

Imesh
Growing in Experience

Front verandah renovation

Hi all, Im planning on removing the existing front verandah as its old and has some rotting. We also dont like the curved roofing, which makes the house look small. So instead going for a flat roof, opening out the front of the house which will be rendered soon afterwards, along with a fresh paint on the roof as well.

The existing structure is 10.5m long x 1.4m wide (width is from the facia rather than the brick wall), has 3 posts as seen on the photo. The middle post is actually not aligned with the garage door. 

My question: instead of the middle 2 posts, can i have one post in the middle at the 5m mark, while using 112x112mm posts for the the corner and the centre. Currently have 185x42mm beams, and was wondering if thats sufficient support or should i go with th 280x42mm.

Thanks in advance.

20210922_162315.jpg

20210922_211812.jpg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Front verandah renovation

Hello @Imesh,

Let me also extend my congratulations to you for a terrific transformation. Your front verandah looks great. 

How did you go with your deck build? We would love to see any updates and photos. 

Please do let us know if you need a hand with anything. Our wonderful Bunnings Workshop community members will be happy to help.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Front verandah renovation

That looks wonderful @shauny!

Many thanks for updating us, and we look forward to seeing your decking project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects