Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ground-level bird bath under air conditioner unit

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Ground-level bird bath under air conditioner unit

274218321_330681785683066_6156178042964723528_n.jpg

This corner in my home (directly outside my office) had a massive divet in it caused by the run off of my air conditioning unit, it's also the area where a lot of birds come into my yard for a morning and afternoon snack on the locals, so after doing some research and discovering that the water dripping out of the air con is safe to be consumed, I decided to fix this issue by creating a bird bath that refills whenever my aircon is on (which is most days). 

I dug out and levelled the area, placed a small weed matt down, then some pavers sand. I then positioned the center paver where I wanted it before placing the dish and small standing rock in it. I then positioned and levelled the bricks around the edges and filled the gap around the center paver with fine stones. The result is what you see above and I couldn't be happier. 

The Aircon run off drips directly into the bowl, with little spillage. The birds have taken an instant liking to it, and I've caught a few of them using the run off as a shower while on top of the rock. Heard a few Green Tree frogs there at night as well, so I know they're at least using it :smile:

Remarka6le
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ground Level Bird Bath under Air Condition unit

What a novel idea @Remarka6le! I never seen anyone using air-con condensation so effectively. I'm sure there are plenty of members that could also give this a go. It's certainly a plus for your local fauna and removes the possibility of dampness entering the adjacent brickwork.

Well done and many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects