Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help put up screen panels

Jills
Finding My Feet

Help put up screen panels

Hi there. Im hoping someone could help me figure out what I would need to put a few screen panels as a room divider in the verandah. We have this huge concreted and enclosed verandah and to make it purposeful, we’ve decided to put up a divider. I’ve attached a photo of what Bunnings has to offer and was wondering, is this secure enough to stand on their own. Probably thinking of 3 screen panels. The verandah roofing is an A line roofing so I’m not sure how we go about putting something to hold he screens up. There won’t be any post to bold the screen to on both sides.

Also, if anyone has other recommendations on what other ways to put divider, I am happy to hear some ideas. 

Any advice for this novice DIY person would help heaps. Thanks.. 

C3470C82-53E6-4DEA-90CF-0F7E72AACD92.jpeg

F61A0BF0-3E89-4379-9580-09E892366E58.png

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Help put up Screen Panels

It's great to see you make your first post @Jills. Thanks for your question.

@Brad shared a similar screening project and may be able to offer advice on how to get started. You may also like to take inspiration from @diy_hausdesigns's lovely timber screening with Matrix panels. 

Our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to help further when he's back on the site on Friday.

We'd love to follow along with your project and see updates along the way, and please feel free to reach out any time you need a hand.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks heaps. Looking forward to hear more ideas as this isn’t something that comes naturally to me 😅

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Jills

Thank you for sharing your question about the Matrix panels as room dividers.

The set you asked about is actually a floor-mounted version of the Matrix panels. I would have to call the manufacturer on Monday to get more information on which kit you would need to join the 3 panels together. The Matrix floor mounting kit is made of steel and is strong enough to stand on its own. No ceiling anchor is needed to keep them standing.

Once I have the information on how to join the panels, I will relay it to you as soon as I can.

Eric  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Jills 

I've spoken to the supplier and they have given me the order sequence for you to join 3 panels together. Based on the sample you posted you need to order:

• 1 full set of your preferred panel and an on-ground screen kit - This kit contains the panel, 2-floor standing posts, and the frame to hold the panel.
  • 1 set of your preferred panel and an Add-On On-Ground Screen Kit - This kit contains the panel. 1 post, and the frame to hold the panel. (x2)

These items will need to be ordered at the Special Orders Desk at your store.  I suggest using Dynabolts to mount your posts if you have a cement floor or a large diameter screw for timber floors. 

Let me tag our experienced member @diy_hausdesigns for additional recommendations.

If you need more information about other projects you have going on around the house, please let us know. 

Eric

Jills
Finding My Feet

Oh this is very helpful @EricL and very much appreciated. Thank you so very much for the effort you put in to find out the details for me. Do you think this set up would stand if not dynabolted to the concrete? Ie. if we need to have it as temporary for the next few months. 

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Jills,

Great to hear that Eric's advice has been helpful – he is a huge asset to the Workshop team. @EricL will be happy to help further with your question when he's back on the site on Friday.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects