Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help with wooden boat sandpit

sarafveale9
Just Starting Out

Help with wooden boat sandpit

Hi I'm Sara, single mum.

Have started building a wooden boat sandpit roughly. But haven't finished.so hard.  Especially the front corner.  Wanted a diagram of the plans, step by step to show How to easy and the best way to nailing each pieces.. U got details?

IMG_20190220_124554.jpg

IMG_20190220_124543.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Help with wooden boat sandpit

Hi @sarafveale9,

Well done! It looks like you've made a great start. I'm sure our members will be more than happy to give you a hand. We've had plenty of fantastic outdoor kids projects shared on the site by members, including cubby houses and sandpits by the likes of @LePallet@Tara86@Yorky88@ProjectPete@Noah@Carol_Prime@Poppop and @woodalwaysworks.

Have you seen the Bunnings project of how to build a D.I.Y. Pirate Ship Sandpit? It looks similar to what you're creating. I will embed the video as well as include a photo below. 

Great to have you join the Workshop community. Welcome aboard, and please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

19_13_ DIY_Boat_Sandpit_B.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@sarafveale9 

Could you explain in a little more detail what you are having trouble with? 

If you are wanting to close in the front you could cut two pieces of ply to shape and nail/screw them onto the top and bottom pieces of woodIMG_20190220_124554.jpgPirate sand pit.jpg

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@Poppop's idea would look great with some colourful paint. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sarafveale9,

Just checking in to see how you are going with this project. Do you need help with anything? Feel free to post if you need a hand. It would also be great to see any progress you've made.

Hope all is well,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects