Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I connect my mud kitchen sink to the garden hose?

JodieBetts
Just Starting Out

How can I connect my mud kitchen sink to the garden hose?

Hi everyone! I've built this mud kitchen for my toddler  which has been such a fun project! I recently found an old kitchen sink on marketplace which I'd love to install. The goal is to connect the mixer tap to the garden hose so it's fully functional, and I can connect and disconnect the hose as needed. The mixer tap has a place to connect cold and hot water, but obviously we only want cold water from the hose. 

Is this possible? What fittings will I need to purchase? I've attached pictures of the mud kitchen and the sink I'd like to install. Thank you!

20240527_091014.jpg

20240527_090958.jpg

20240527_090935.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I connect my mud kitchen sink to the garden hose?

Hello @JodieBetts 

Welcome to the Bunnings workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your sink mixer.

What an exciting project! The good news is that it is possible to link your garden hose to the bottom of your kitchen mixer just on the cold hose section. Generally speaking, you'll need to use a Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Plug to close off the hot hose section. Please remember to wrap Kinetic 12mm x 10m White Standard Thread Seal on the brass plug before you screw it in.

Make sure that the plug is installed securely using an adjustable wrench. On the cold hose of the sink mixer, I suggest installing a Brasshards 20 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Nipple. Make sure to put plumber's tape on both sides of the reducing nipple. 

The last piece to the puzzle is to install a Pope 18mm Universal Tap Adaptor onto the threaded reducing nipple. This will allow you to clip your garden hose onto the cold line of the mixer tap. Please make sure that every fitting is tight and firm before you turn on your garden hose. Please remember to keep the garden hose pressure low so that the kitchen tap will not splash too much water when turned on.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.   

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects