Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fill in all those holes ?

ddel
Finding My Feet

How do I fill in all those holes ?

Hi, 

I live in an old property and the previous owner had these walls. Now it turned to a highway of cane toads and water dragons chilling in my pool.

I thought about

1) Adding 2-3 cement sheets and paint/render it and use some sort of glue to stick to those round "bricks"

2) Find something to fill the holes.

Does anyone have any recommendations ?

20240409_163820.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fill in all those holes ?

Hello @ddel 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about filling the holes in your Besser block fence.

I understand the hassle of frogs, lizards and water dragons crossing over to invade your swimming pool but having the wind pass through your area without having to set up an electric fan is advantageous. 

Instead of blocking it off permanently, have you considered using the Syneco 810mm x 2.05m Stainless Steel Insect Screen in combination with a timber frame? This will prevent the critters from passing through but still allow the wind to come through. 

However, if you truly wish to block it off, I propose using James Hardie 2400 x 900 x 4.5mm 2.16m² HardieFlex™ Cladding. I suggest using Selleys 350g Liquid Nails Heavy Duty in combination with Ramset 14g x 55mm Black Ankascrew - 10 Pack. For added protection, I also suggest painting its surface.

I also suggest having a look at this discussion - How to deal with these Besser blocks? Paint or fill and render? by @DarylS

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ddel
Finding My Feet

@EricL you are a legend. Thank you.

Also, for me as a completely new DIYer this website is a goldmine. I appreciate it so much.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @ddel 

Please keep us updated with your progress and let us know how you wish to proceed.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ddel
Finding My Feet

Will  do and I will post the result here. I have to ask them to deliver them. No room in my car for that long of sheet.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects