Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How much linear meter decking do I need to order for replacing whole deck of 38m2?

AdamsDeckReno
Finding My Feet

How much linear meter decking do I need to order for replacing whole deck of 38m2?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How much linear meter decking do I need to order for replacing whole deck of 38m2

Hello @AdamsDeckReno

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about how to calculate the linear meters needed to replace your current decking panels. I suggest the following steps below.

• Calculate your area first. If you have areas that are not part of the main deck, I suggest calculating them separately. For example: If you have a decking area of 7(L) x 5.43(W) = 38m2 (decking area).
  • You'll need to divide your decking area by the width of the decking boards. For example: If you are using 90 x 19 it would be represented as 0.090 you then add your gap of 3mm which brings it to 0.093. So 38m2 divided by 0.093 = 408.60 rounded up would be 409 LM.
  • Ideally, you would add 10 percent for timber wastage. 409 LM x 1.1 = 449.9 rounded up would be 450 LM.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your deck renewed.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How much linear meter decking do I need to order for replacing whole deck of 38m2

Thank you. I will remeasure to have the exact dimensions.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects