Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add lattice extension to cement sheet fence?

muddy
Just Starting Out

How to add lattice extension to cement sheet fence?

My fence extension is on top of a cement sheet fence it has a metal cap on it do I remove the cap or not ? What do you recommend .  I already have a creeper to grow into it . I'm thinking hardwood lattice but not sure how to fix it

16103291315347789314746773819911.jpg

Re: lattice extension on cement sheet fence

Hi MitchellMc,

Thanks for those points. I’d be happy to use the Matrix extension legs but they need a special order and the wait time is at least 2 weeks, and I was hoping to get this done before the neighbours put their house on the market and I need to get the new owners agreement. I’ve assembled the lattice panels using what’s available in store, I just need to source suitable legs. 

7C52D396-7215-484F-BF4E-0B6B09AD38F3.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Perhaps you could use something like these 20 x 20mm Square Section @Louise7. You'll get two legs per section if you cut them in half. Using them would be much easier than the 50 x 50mm post.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks MitchellMc. Yes, that looks good. Thank you for the tips. 

Louise7
Getting Established

CCECFA0B-6A51-482C-AE83-43BF135200B9.jpeg

5008B087-95D9-40C1-913B-1F4C61061639.jpeg

26F4B690-581E-4F9D-9EF8-FD68CA739C2A.jpeg

6664E8C9-8958-4FB6-8905-92FFA0181FCC.jpeg

Update: Job done, just in time for the first home open next door. My brother helped me put them up as drilling through steel and jarrah was too hard yakka for me. Learnings for next time were- put the poles up first, get a bigger step drill bit for the holes, and get the right screws (75mm timber hex screw with seal). Galvanised legs worked well and looked the part once spray painted. Thanks MitchellMc.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great job @Louise7, many thanks for sharing. We love it when we see community members receive help from the Workshop community to complete their projects.  

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand. We're here to help.

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Excellent work, @Louise7! You've done a splendid job.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects