Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach a pergola to my house?

GlennC
Finding My Feet

How to attach a pergola to my house?

Wanting to add pergola to house but have full gutters (no fascia)and windows come right up to the eaves therefore attaching to underside would block out part of window,I would like to avoid removing gutters for attachment,any Ideas?cheer’s Glenn.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: building pergola

Hello @GlennC 

Thanks for sharing your question about building a pergola. In order to give our members a better idea of what your roof line looks like, would it be possible for you to post a photo of the area? This will let our members assess the roof. We can then offer some recommendations on how to build your pergola.

While we are waiting for your photos, I suggest having a look at the Roof Extenda Bracket And Weather Seal Package. This is an excellent alternative when mounting your support beam for your pergola. You can be sure that it is linked to the rafter and the wall top plate, therefore, providing strength, safety and peace-of-mind.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
GlennC
Finding My Feet

Re: How to attach a pergola to my house?

IMG_0014.jpegIMG_0013.jpegIMG_0012.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach a pergola to my house?

Hi @GlennC,

@EricL is on the money about using the Roof Extenda Bracket And Weather Seal Package. You'll have to go through the tiles if you can't go under the roof due to the windows. 

It is always advisable to consult with an engineer and your council before using the brackets to ensure that the design will meet regulatory approval requirements. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects