Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build split-level deck near fence?

Wallace
Just Starting Out

How to build split-level deck near fence?

I have started to build a two level deck close to the ground and around a concrete in ground pool ( kidney shaped.)

I am going to run the deck boards perpendicular to the house on the lower deck and the second level 

will be 140mm higher and the boards running at 90 degrees to the lower deck or inline with the back yard paling fence.

The problem is the back fencing runs about 70mm  or more as the property is an odd shape.

Should I build the second level parallel to the fence or parallel to the house and scribe the last board/s in at the fence.

When I'm standing on the back patio looking to the back yard you can see that the second level would not be at 90 degrees to the lower one if the fence line was followed.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build split-level deck near fence?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Wallace. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about how to build a split-level deck near your fence.

In order to help our members have a better idea of your split level deck, would it be possible for you to post a photo of the proposed decking area? Once our members see it, they can then make a comprehensive recommendation of how it could possibly be laid out. 

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects