Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill in small gap between fence and paving?

Narla
Building a Reputation

How to fill in small gap between fence and paving?

Morning all. I currently have drainage gravel to fill in the small gap between fence and paving to stop puppy from digging however I need to replace them as now she loves to take them out and play and chew them!;) I’m wondering what else I could put there that is more attractive than concrete type filler. Thanks very much

IMG_4272.jpeg

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to fill in small gap between fence and paving?

Good Afternoon @Narla 

How about some concrete garden edging? Like these - custom concrete products 900mm straight tapered garden edge 

I have use dthem down the side of my path to actually chanel water from my neighbours They really look good and would fit in that small area you have. You could remove some gravle and bed them in (high side at the back) or even just have them sit on top of the gravel.

The white would match with your pavers if you are lucky :smile:

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Narla 

@Dave-1's recommendation is spot on. Using Custom Concrete Products 900mm straight tapered garden edge is a great way to cover the gravel and its heavy enough that your pup will not be able to push it aside. I suggest visiting your local store and having a look at the edging. The best part is that it even has a corner set you can use if you are going all the way around your fence line. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Narla
Building a Reputation

Thanks very much Eric and @Dave-1 . Unfortunately both links take me to the ‘hit a snag’ page so I’m unable to view the product. I tried searching directly but can’t find it. Maybe not available in WA?

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Morning @Narla 

I get that a fair bit as well, especially when searching google and seeing two links, one is the page you refer to and the other link generally works.

I know that the Bunnings website has gone down several times over the past few weeks 😕 I figured that they would be working on the issue. 

Custom Concrete Products 900mm Straight Tapered Garden Edge.JPG

Just took a screenshot and hope that helps you find it. Maybe like you say its not available in WA but seems odd that the website just dosnt say "Not available"

One think you could try is go direct to the Bunnings website and then search for "concrete edging" and that hopefully should show you a range of products.

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Narla 

Can you please tell me what is the closest store to your location? I'll try and track the product down for you and see if its available in your area.

Eric

Narla
Building a Reputation

IMG_4323.jpeg

Oh thanks @EricL :smile: Closest store is Wangara WA. They seem to have another similar looking version (see pic) which is a special order. My other options could be to add artificial lawn down the side. I’m currently trying to find grass that matches the small piece I was given as I’m not sure where it was originally purchased. Thanks again 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Narla,

If the links are not working for you it's typically because the product is not available near your location. However, it's great to see you've found the edging available through Special Orders and it's much the same as the one @EricL was referencing.

If you'd like to post a picture of the grass we can try and identify it and point you to the closest match.

Mitchell

Narla
Building a Reputation

Hi all. Just a quick update on what we ended up doing to fill the space:) We were able to purchase some off cuts of matching

IMG_5126.jpeg

artificial lawn so created a template out of cardboard to cut the zigzag shape and lay it. I’m really happy with the results as we have the same grass on opposite side. Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well done @Narla. Thanks so much for coming back and sharing the end result. It is a common question and you've provided a great solution.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects