Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix the drop eave sheet drop from the eave?

mdddtuky
Finding My Feet

How to fix the drop eave sheet drop from the eave?

Due to the hot weather, I find the eave sheet is falling off as in the photo. just wondering is there any idea to fix it (diy) rather than change to the whole sheet. maybe use some 90 degree aluminium alloy to hold both side, not sure how to do it. 

checked the Bunnings website, this link https://www.bunnings.com.au/james-hardie-hardieflex-2400-x-600-x-4-5mm-fc-eaves-1-44sqm_p0714506, I think this production is really good, just for the back up if have no choose to change the whole sheet.

Let's discuss. WechatIMG1 1.jpegWechatIMG2 1.jpegWechatIMG3 1.jpegWechatIMG4.jpegWechatIMG5.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix the drop eave sheet drop from the eave?

Hi @mdddtuky,

Welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you join us and I trust you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members. 

Let me tag a couple of very helpful members in @Mathy and @Brad who might like to kick off the discussion on this one. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Looks to me like the rafter has dropped down and the facia board looks to have bowed out some, it may be a trick of the photo though?

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@mdddtuky I'll leave the expert advice to those tagged into the discussion, I'm sure they will reply shortly.

I would imagine the fascia board is screwed into a frame behind it, could we possibly send some screws straight up where it has dropped on the edge fixing it into that?

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Could you screw/nail a length or quarter round into the fascia back - to support the fibro?

Scan0219.jpg

I think you are right, cos the weather is too hot or too cold, I think it is the reason 

Hi Noyade, 

Yes, thank you so much. I believe it may work, because my front eave have the quarter round this way - but not sure why back yard doesn't have it. but no crew in. not sure how to stay with fascia. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects