Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install outdoor decking on grass?

skpanchadar
Just Starting Out

How to install outdoor decking on grass?

Can someone advise how to install a outdoor decking on the turf. The srea is not big so prefer to do it myself. 1.5m x 3m only. Is there something like clip on like timber flooring.

Neo19
Making a Splash

Re: outdoor decking on grass

This would be somewhere helpful to start... 

https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/How-To/How-to-a-build-a-deck/ba-p/102739

More details about your projects including finished height, photos of the area etc., will get you more specific advises from this helpful community.  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: outdoor decking on grass

Hello @skpanchadar

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about building decking on grass.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Neo19. I also suggest having a look at this guide as well - How to build a low-level deck by @Adam_W. It will give you the basic information you'll need to consider when you plan your decking frame. If you're building a low-level deck, I suggest using TuffBlock 300 x 300 x 90mm Instant Foundation System Deck Support or the adjustable type Builders Edge Pedestal Feet. You'll need to use pavers underneath so that the pedestal feet have a good base to stand on.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the proposed location for the deck? In this way, our members can assess the area. We can then offer recommendations on a possible layout for the deck. 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Inspiring low-level deck builds.

Here is a good example of pedestal feet being used on a deck - Low-profile deck with screening and steps by @MGusto

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects