Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount outdoor ecofuel fireplace?

stacey14
Finding My Feet

How to mount outdoor ecofuel fireplace?

20220719_173917.jpg

Hello! 

I have this ecofuel fireplace that I would like to put on the wall outside. I would like to keep it low, but off the ground and it will be exposed to some weather (in a relatively protected spot!) I have some leftover retaining wall blocks (some in the image also behind the fireplace) as I was trying to see if it would fit etc however since moved away from that idea (blocks would be too high as per safety guide). Would we need to build a wooden support frame and attach to the brick wall? Then plaster? Really out of my league here but keen to give it a go!  

Very appreciative of any and all suggestions! (Example picture below taken from pintrest of how someone else has done theirs - aware mine will not look like this! Haha)

Screenshot_20220719-135205_Pinterest.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to mount outdoor ecofuel fireplace? Suggestions Appreciated!!

Hello @stacey14

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your eco-fuel fireplace.

Would you happen to have a brand or model number of the fireplace? This will help us track down its installation instructions and who built the unit. I suspect that your unit has the same wall mounting brackets as a standard wall-mounted ethanol fireplace. If that is the case, all we need to look for are the guidelines for the type of materials that can surround the fireplace and at what distance it should be placed.

Once we have this information you can then make plans on what to surround your fireplace with.

Any other information you can tell us about your eco-fuel fireplace would be very much appreciated.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric, thank you for your reply!

I picked this up from someone off Facebook marketplace and unfortunately came with no instruction manual. 

I've been googling this morning and feel it might possibly be Ignis Branded (Lata style, based on appearance) but can't see a manual online. I have sent them an email asking where if I can access this. 

I have also attached an image of the back of the fireplace. There is unfortunately no model number on the product :unhappy:  

It also appears only one bracket has come with the fireplace, which I've only just realised! So I probably need to try and buy a second bracket for the other side also. 

20220720_102515.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @stacey14

Is there any chance you can contact the seller for that second bracket? They might still have it lying around and it would make mounting the fireplace so much easier. It's vital to have this mounting set as it isolates the unit from the wall. It should also come with a special filling bottle and a flame snuffer, this allows you to turn off the fireplace once you're done using it.

I've seen some generic installation videos of wall-mounted ethanol fireplaces, but none of them shows putting a surround around it. Looking at your unit I believe this is a direct wall mount unit and can't be installed in a recessed configuration. 

If you wish to create the illusion of a surround, I recommend rendering a part of your brick wall in a rectangular shape and installing your fireplace in front of it. I've placed an image below to give you an idea of how to do it.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your fireplace installed.

Eric

Thanks Eric :smile:

I'm following up on those other bits and pieces and will be in contact again when I've sorted those out.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions to get started, I like the idea of the rendered bricks to create that illusion.

Looking forward to it!

I'll be sure to share a photo when complete :smile: 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'll be keenly waiting to see your installation @stacey14. Please let us know if you get stuck or have further questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects