Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to tighten bolts that fit into another bolt at opposing end while assembling swing slide set?

amikap1
Finding My Feet

How to tighten bolts that fit into another bolt at opposing end while assembling swing slide set?

16053237200205663614318870235236.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to tighten the bolts that fit into another bolt at opposing end while assembling swing sl...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @amikap1. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Could you please let us know which swing slide set you are assembling? It would also be helpful if you could upload an image of the bolt in question.

Most of our swing slide sets are assembled using bolts that require an allen key to tighten them.

We look forward to seeing an image of the bolt, hearing additional details and providing an answer to your question.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: how to tighten the bolts that fit into another bolt at opposing end while assembling swing sl...

Hi Mitchell, 

Thank you for your reply .

It's the 7 function swing set ID is 3321705 , I have uploaded the photo of the bolt in question . The issue is aligning the two to each other is not happening easily. Can u pls help.

Thanks

Ami.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Ami (@amikap1),

The two sides of the connector should align and screw together easily using two allen keys. Is it just this one bolt that you are having an issue with? If so please try interchanging the two sides with another bolt.

On the Swing Slide Climb 7 Function Swing Set product page there is a video on the left side next to the picture of the product. This is an installation guide. If the fixing doesn't go together as easily as they are showing it sounds like the bolt is cross-threaded. I would suggest taking the bolt and your proof of purchase and returning to the store. The team will be able to swap the bolt over with one that is working correctly. There should be no need to return the whole swing set. Please let me know if you need any assistance with this.

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell.

We tried with one Allen key but it's can't align  and now will try to find another Allen key . We are having issue with all bolts ,tried swapping as well. 

Will try with two allen keys if possible 

Thanks,

Ami.

Hi..

We tried with 2 allen keys and different washer bolts combination , it does not work.

It screws with only one washer easily.. do we need to use both washer ?.

Regard

Ami

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Ami (@amikap1),

The instruction manual will tell you the combination of bolt and washer and spring washer you need to use. Different parts of the assembly require different combinations.

With the two washers (spring washer/normal washer) does the bolt not start screwing together at all or is it just not easy to tighten?

Mitchell

With 2 washer the bolt is not attaching at all let alone tightening, with all other bolts 2 washer has worked .

I was thinking to skip one washer and only use one to proceed for this one , have tried for over an hour now without any luck .

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Ami (@amikap1),

If this was a piece of furniture I would agree that removing one washer would be the best way to proceed. Since this is children's play equipment it would concern me if a washer was left out. I would encourage you to contact the store as soon as possible in order to have the correct hardware installed.

Mitchell

Is this the bolt that has to go through 6 layers of metal?

Dunno.PNG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects