Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Install 7 meter flagpole

TrevorS
Just Starting Out

Install 7 meter flagpole

Hi there, I wish to install a 7 meter flag pole in my back yard ... My question is, what product should I used to set the PVC sleeve in position in the hole? Hoping someone can help ... Thank you and best regards, Trevor 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Install 7 meter flagpole

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @TrevorS. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I presume you would want to set the PVC sleeve in concrete as per the image below? If so, you would use Australian Builders 20kg Quick Set Concrete. If you can provide some details on the size of the sleeve and weight of the pole, then our helpful members could provide additional information. If this is a very heavy metal flag pole, then you would need to create a concrete footer large enough to support it.

Please let us know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I was always gonna put a flagpole up - but never have - yet.

Would 7 metres of PVC flex too much in strong wind/storms?

For the base I always thought the ability to "pivot" the pole to the ground would be useful when replacing/painting/repairing.

Scan0410.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Noyade, I believe @TrevorS has a PVC sleeve that the presumably metal flag pole sits into. Even the thicker-walled pressure pipe will flop around a bit at 7 meters. If you found a couple of sizes that slipped inside each other, that could enhance the rigidity.

Mitchell

"I believe @TrevorS has a PVC sleeve that the presumably metal flag pole sits into."

Ahhh...that makes sense now Mitchell. Thanks.  :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

How are you going with that flag pole installation @TrevorS? I'm sure our members would like to see the completed project.

Mitchell 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects