Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Long overdue for some backyard space!

DIYBarberDad
Getting Established

Long overdue for some backyard space!

C9833BD2-3828-401A-A613-6C48687BFD24.jpegHi Guys, new member here. Long story short I lost my job due to the whole situation we’re in at the moment however that only meant I had some time in my hands so I needed to keep busy (or boredom will take me down 🤣). I’ve had no experience at all but done my research watched plenty of YouTube and had a crack 😜

These are some before and after shots of what I’ve done so far (so many more projects I have in mind but pretty safe to say I’m happy the kids are happy they have a place to kick the ball at!)

42C24E0F-90E0-4E20-976B-1A587F919803.png

D40AE0BD-EA57-4EE7-B1D3-BA36A3EB47D3.png

D970BF4F-36EE-4A90-B091-8EE6D158E1D3.png

   

DC4214AF-C439-47B4-B6F9-E589D13CE4CF.png

4BD2F1B2-13AC-4279-B8FB-43F70D6A763E.jpeg

  

96B28076-3266-4DD2-B69B-13BE730B1CD9.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Long overdue for some backyard space!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @DIYBarberDad.

It's fantastic to have you join us and well done on your project it looks great. That synthetic turf looks amazing and I'm sure the kids love being able to kick a ball around on it. We look forward to seeing more of your projects soon and I trust you'll find plenty of inspiration for them within the community. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

CE5B1EAF-2ED2-405E-9344-713A790B793E.jpeg

Thanks @MitchellMc appreciate it. Letting the body have couple days break ha ha then back off to Bunnings next week to start on my next project (pergola With polycarbonate roofing on the side of alfresco to cover the extension part of the decking)

This community is amazing and definitely giving me plenty of ideas, once all the main structures I want to build  are done I’ll get the misses to start choosing plants/tree options.

Also will I need council approval to make a small pergola on the side of the alfresco?

Hi DIYBarberDad,

It's great to hear your positive feedback on the community, I'm sure the members appreciate it. You might not need council approval for a small pergola, but I would make enquiries with them just to be sure. You don't want to have to re-build it again to specifications if there is an issue with it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects