Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Low-level deck between brick walls

aaron11
Having an Impact

Low-level deck between brick walls

Deck build went great! 

• 250-400mm high (ground is on a slope)
  • Size is 4600 x 2270mm 
  • Earth underneath
  • both 4600mm sides are concrete/brick walls

Dynabolted ledgers onto either wall. Used brackets bolted into pre-existing pavers to support the posts down the centre. New 120mm merbau for the trims, reclaimed merbau for the main deck space. Steps took a bit of figuring but turned out great. 

IMG_20220313_190415_771.jpg

IMG-20220315-WA0011.jpg

IMG_20220313_190430_746.jpg

IMG_20220311_134114_970.jpg

IMG_20220304_153427_556.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Low-level deck between brick walls

Love your work @aaron11, thanks again for sharing.

What do you think were the most important lessons you learned during the project that might assist others tackling decking projects down the track?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Love your work, @aaron11! That reclaimed timber is just sensational. I'm really pleased this project worked out well for you, and good luck in the competition!

Mitchell

Sam01
Just Starting Out

Great effort . It may be important to seek Council approval when constructing deckings if next to the property boundary as in the case of this project. There is the Overlooking consideration into neighbour's property that could impact what height from ground level is allowed and necessary mitigations.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for joining in the discussion @Sam01. It sounds like you have plenty of knowledge and experience to share with the community. We are looking forward to reading more of your posts soon. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you have something to share or need a hand with your own project.

Welcome,

Jason

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Morrning @aaron11 

That looks great! Have to say anytime someone reuses resources is a win and catches my etyes straight away!

You said the steps took a little to work out? How so? I am about to have a go at putting in some temorary ones and was wondering what type of issues or knowledge I would need.

Would love to step through those doors out onto that deck frist thing in the morniong :smile: Of course with a cup of coffee as the roofing add shows us :smile:

Beautiful job

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects