Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Merbau planter boxes and vertical vegie garden

BrendanB
Building a Reputation

Merbau planter boxes and vertical vegie garden

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-31 at 8.25.14 AM.jpegplanter box 2 (2).jpgplanter box.jpgWhatsApp Image 2020-02-23 at 12.49.41 PM.jpeg

Aussie-Garden
Becoming a Leader

Re: Merbau Planter Boxes and Vertical Vege Garden

Really like this!

Nice set up and very nice workmanship @BrendanB.

Like your fence colour too. 👍 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Merbau planter boxes and vertical vege garden

Looks fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing your first project with the Workshop community @BrendanB. Looking forward to seeing more of your handiwork very soon!

Please don't hesitate to post whenever you have something to share or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. We have loads of other clever and creative members sharing helpful advice, information and inspiration on the site every day. We're sure you will fit right in and are rapt you could join us. 

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @Aussie-Garden appreciate the feedback.

agreed, its very well done, and gets so much so effectively out of a fairly small space. 👍

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for joining in the discussion @Knackers. I'm sure @BrendanB really appreciates the terrific feedback. 

Are you planning your own vertical garden project? Please let us know if you need a hand with anything. As you can see, we have loads of members sharing inspiring projects on the site every day that offer great ideas. And members are also constantly sharing their advice and experience. 

Please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site. We're here to help.

Jason

Knackers
Getting Established

Yeah maybe.. im going do a lot of things.. one day.. haha. But yeah, there's a couple of spots I could do a vertical herb garden and stuff.. also want to do a chook shed, a bigger garden shed, a greenhouse, and a bunch of raised garden beds.. aside from being chronically lazy and prone to procrastination, I don't really have any decent tools to speak of, something I'm currently attempting to rectify with a few key bits and pieces..  

But its always nice to know there's somewhere I can plenty of advice and helpful suggestions and such.

Speaking of advice, anyone know what the requirements are regarding storm water pits and the proximity of garden beds, chook sheds and compost heaps? Cos I have a storm water drain/pit in the back corner of my yard.. and no real idea of what the restrictions are regarding that.. 

Any info would be appreciated..

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries, we'll certainly be happy to help @Knackers.

Regarding your storm water pits, I would encourage you to hit the Start a discussion button and share some photos as well as the information. That way members are more likely to see your question and will see what you are working with. 

Thanks,

Jason

michellep
Finding My Feet

Re: Merbau planter boxes and vertical vegie garden

This looks awesome. It would be great if you guys provided a list of the products (like a recipe) needed and links to those so we can purchase in a package.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @michellep.

Let me notify @BrendanB to see if they are able to give us a list of the products they used. 

Alternatively, I would be happy to put together a list of products you will need for the project. If you can let me know what size you would want the planter boxes to be I can work with that.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects