Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Merbau planter boxes and vertical vegie garden

Budding Contributor

Re: Merbau planter boxes and vertical vegie garden

How are you hanging those planter boxes on the fence please. Also would they be alright to hang on a super sixpence because that’s all I have around my yard?

Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Sunrise.

Let me notify @BrendanB of your question to see if they can provide the answer for us.

It appears they are using the Garden Up range of planter boxes and accessories. I believe they are using the Whites Outdoor Garden Up Classic Slat Hook and Whites Outdoor Garden Up Herb Wire Hook to hang the planters on the timber they have affixed to the fence.

If you need further assistance with these products or had other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Budding Contributor

Hi @michellep I didn't really keep an inventory, but key things you need are merbau pickets for the outside frame. I used merbau fingers to secure the pieces. I used some old sleepers I had lying around fro the base. Then just used some Supa net and plastic to.line it. Good Luck!

Budding Contributor

Hi @Sunrise yea used the garden up range. I reinforced the fence with a wooden frame which also allowed me to run irrigation. 

New Contributor

Re: Merbau Planter Boxes and Vertical Vege Garden

have a look at this vertical Herb garden  I installed for my client in Mordialloc!

0615F69B-BD51-4DD9-ABB6-0DBCE9C34F1F.jpeg

Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Merbau Planter Boxes and Vertical Vege Garden

Welcome to the Workshop community @verticalgarden.

Many thanks for the inspiration! We look forward to seeing what projects you have going on around your own home and garden. We'd like to encourage you to share anytime you have a project of interest or need advice on a topic.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
New Contributor

how do we order these ready made and delivered ?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects