Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My backyard deck project with Ekodeck

asifkhawaja
Building a Reputation

My backyard deck project with Ekodeck

Recently, I turned my boring ugly backyard into an amazing sitting area using the brand new Ekodeck decking. Here are a few photos of the different stages and the final finished deck. 

before and after.jpgIMG_0260.jpgIMG_0448.jpgIMG_0626.jpgIMG_0830.jpgIMG_0901.jpgIMG_0903.jpgIMG_0908.jpgIMG_0914.jpgIMG_0971.jpgIMG_0974.jpgIMG_0978.jpgIMG_0997.jpgIMG_1047.jpgIMG_1048.jpg

Re: My backyard deck project with Ekodeck

thanks @Aussie-Garden , I love the colour, matches with my over all colour scheme.

Super_D
Becoming a Leader

Nice work...

jim1986
Just Starting Out

Hi Mate, your finished project looks amazing. Can I ask what you used for framing on the ones sitting on your alfresco tiles? And how you secured them?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jim1986,

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really happy to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our clever and creative community members.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, but let me tag @asifkhawaja for you so they are alerted to your question about the framing. 

Are you planning your own decking project? Feel free to hit the Start a discussion button and share details, We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
asifkhawaja
Building a Reputation

Thanks @jim1986 . I used treated pine Framing 70 x 35mm and fixed them with screws/plugs (example here). I had to pre-drill holes in tiles for the screws and plugs. Hope that helps.

Good work @asifkhawaja ! I am thinking of the same colour scheme with the ecodeck. Will definitely hit you up with more info when I start my DIY project lol.

I notice you put some linings for the drainage? Did you have any issue with water flooding around the deck area?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ichu. It's amazing that you've joined us and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Hopefully, @asifkhawaja will get back to you shortly with the answers to your questions.

We certainly look forward to hearing all about your deck project and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or have questions. I trust you'll find the community full of helpful members always willing to share their knowledge.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
asifkhawaja
Building a Reputation

Hi @ichu , sorry could you elaborate what you mean by linings? If you are referring to that black sheet underneath, that is to prevent the weed growth under the deck.

Carmel99
Growing in Experience

Awesome jobs... the lighting really finishes it off... 

Hi @asifkhawaja Top notch. You've done a fantastic job. The finish looks very professional. 

I've got something similar to work with. I want mine to be level with the step, and only have 60mm to work with (Distance from tile step to concrete) and your option would be perfect for this to have a smaller frame on the cement. I'm thinking about using the 70x35mm + 19mm thick decking board, therefore, would come up to 54mm from the cement.

Have you secured your smaller frame to the house? or is it sitting on the cement? 

8377A525-4C2F-4F09-8729-E03DF46543CB.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects